Friday, December 11, 2009

BP_20091211_month4blog

What is your official problem statement?
Could students be motivated to take more responsibility for their learning of science concepts if they were integrated with the current web 2.0 tools?

How did your research end up shaping this?
After continuous reading and analysis of many current studies on various populations of high school students it would seem that there is reason to believe that it is possible to reach a larger population of students if they are simultaneously exposed to current technology along with science content.

What outcomes are you expecting?

I am expecting my freshman and sophomore students to score better on the standardized tests as a result of the integration of current technology skills which makes the science content more relevant and therefore more valid to learn.

How are your critical friends helping in this process?

Unfortunately my critical friends are a class ahead of me now and we haven’t been in touch much. I am deciding on how to handle the whole critical friends concept.

How is this month’s course helped in shaping your ARP?

This class began shaping my ARP the first time I tried it which is why my students now have PLEs and are using them for my class. They are also hoping I can convince the other teachers to do the same which means I have to do an in-service. Because of not only this class but the entire program I’m probably the most “geeky” teacher on campus and word seems to have gotten out. Students are already asking the counselor abut what I’m teaching next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment